Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Help Me Be Unshaken

I pray that this poem would encourage you!




Help me be Unshaken
by Ana, 15, Kiefer, Oklahoma

One, two, three, four.
There I still lie on the floor, 
bruised and shaken from blow after blow.
I will soon hear the rejoicing of foes.
 
How long, O Lord, will this last?
Things keep coming back from my past.
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts? 
There's sorrow in my heart from battles I've fought. 

How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Answer, Lord, help my eyes to see,
Give them light, when it gets tough,
for I trust in Your unfailing love.

My heart rejoices in Your salvation,
You, The Almighty God of creation.
You are so good to me, still,
I want to always do Your will.

Help me to be blameless,
and do what is righteous,
To speak the truth from my heart,
and not to let lies start.

Help me, to my neighbor, do no wrong, 
and cast no insults at anyone.
Help me to keep promises even if its hard, 
and honor those who fear the Lord.

I will not stop until I go Home, 
but until then, I can't do this alone. 
So five, six, I'm up again. 
with your help, i will be unshaken.

No comments: