Monday, January 7, 2013

When You Can't See God (or you just don't recognize Him)

Sometimes (like very recently), I get in a mode where I am either bored of God or I just don't see Him working. Or sometimes I just kinda ignore God.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

This was one of our memory verses for Sunday School. Even when we don't see God working, our faith is evidence of His work, because He works through our faith.

The hard part, though, is having the faith when you don't see God.

Do you hope for a better relationship with God? Do you hope for better family relationships? And, by hope, I mean an earnest expectation. Do you earnestly expect a full life? I know I do, especially as a teenager.

And the substance of those things hoped for is faith.

The hard part, though, is having faith when the things you hoped for aren't turning out the way you wanted.

:D


The picture above ill because faith is the evidence of things not seen. When we look up into the sky, we are not actually looking at the sun, but the tremendous light produced by it. Even so, faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen

So, what'll it be? For me, I want to have faith even when God seems boring, even when the things I hoped for aren't coming out the way I want them to. I will have faith that He is going to make something great out of my situation. I will have faith that He is doing something. By faith, I will allow God to use me, even when the use doesn't seem like a big deal. I want to live out my faith so that it is evident to those around me.

No comments: