Saturday, October 20, 2012

The path under my feet

I believe that God wants me to share this with you. Many resources have fallen into my lap in the last 24 hours, I don't think I can resist writing this lesson here. :)

First off, I'd like to share the first item I read on this topic: Psalm 119:105.



Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

I know that it's a commonly said verse, but read it again and really think about it.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

So, what is the point I am trying to get across? Well, as odd as it may be, imagine driving through some really thick fog. All you can capture with your eye is the road a few feet in front of you and under you.



In both of the pictures above, you can't really see far ahead of you, but you can see what you are standing on. This is what the Bible means in Psalm 119:105. In those times, a "light" didn't mean a flourescent light bulb. No, it meant a lamp such as the lamp pictured above. God's Word, while It does prophesy, doesn't exactly say, "Cosette, you will take Physics and Geometry in eleventh grade, and by then you will have met so and so, who you will develop a friendship with and court when you turn 20, and then you will go to ______ College together, and have eight kids...." Have you read that in there? (If so, let me know... jk ;) See, God usually doesn't reveal to us twenty years in the future, and He sometimes He doesn't tell us how He will take us through till tomorrow! But He does guide us moment by moment, and, when we follow His guidance, WOW! The results are amazing!

About following guidance... Is it that surprising that the results of following God's leading are incredible? 
Picture this: you are driving through this thick fog; you can't see anything but what is in front of you: a car that has a GPS. This car knows where he's going;  he knows what twists and turns are coming up on the road. God is that car. He knows what lies ahead, even when you can't see five feet in front of you. And that's what's important. That you follow God and the guidance He gives you through His Word.



This post was inspired by Abigail Rogers' post on "a girl with wings." Read it here.

Again, this video spoke to my heart and it applies to this post...


No comments: