Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Footprints





  1. "Footsteps of Jesus"

  2. Sweetly, Lord, have we heard Thee calling,
    Come, follow Me!
    And we see where Thy footprints falling
    Lead us to Thee.
    • Refrain:
      Footprints of Jesus,
      That make the pathway glow;
      We will follow the steps of Jesus
      Where’er they go.
  3. Though they lead o’er the cold, dark mountains,
    Seeking His sheep;
    Or along by Siloam’s fountains,
    Helping the weak.
  4. If they lead through the temple holy,
    Preaching the Word;
    Or in homes of the poor and lowly,
    Serving the Lord.
  5. Though, dear Lord, in Thy pathway keeping,
    We follow Thee;
    Through the gloom of that place of weeping,
    Gethsemane!
  6. If Thy way and its sorrows bearing,
    We go again,
    Up the slope of the hillside, bearing
    Our cross of pain.
  7. By and by, through the shining portals,
    Turning our feet,
    We shall walk, with the glad immortals,
    Heav’n’s golden street.
  8. Then, at last, when on high He sees us,
    Our journey done,
    We will rest where the steps of Jesus
    End at His throne.
  9. ~Asa b. Everett

"Footprints"

        One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.
                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.
          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"
                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson

No comments: